In September, 2012 on my way back from a pub, heading to my hotel nearby, I took a shortcut passing through the St. Bartholomew’s Church burial ground (Horley, Surrey, UK). It was about midnight and there was a fool moon lighting on the grave stones and monuments. They were looking like hundreds of ghosts and the whole environment was spooky and surreal. It was something out of this world, a little bit creepy, a little bit exiting and heart beating. I found out, it is a great scene for photos, but I had no taken my camera. Then I promised myself, someday I will return back. In November, 2016, I had to change my flights at London Gatwick Airport, so I booked the same hotel with intent to accomplish my project, but it was raining. Suddenly, the rain stopped just before the shooting, thus I had enough time to work on.
Light painting photo technic combined with a long exposure was used. As the statues, monuments and grave stones were wet, additional reflection occurred. Limited moon light penetrating into the clouds, merged with the dark shades of the trees was creating unearthly contrast. Photo Gear: Canon 7D Mark II, EF-S 18 – 200 Lens, Exposure Time 20 – 40 sec. Limited edition award winning photos as part of series or as single ones, available for art investment by art collectors.
ART COLLECTORS INFO
Printing Media, Size and Limited Editions:
– 60 x 40 in (152 x 101 cm) – 6 + 1 AP;
– 36 x 24 in (91 x 61 cm) – 30 + 2 AP.
Frame for wall mounting
Giclee Fine Art Paper
– 24 x 16 in (61 x 40.5 cm) – 70 + 2 AP.
All Photos Are Limited Editions
Price: The price is unique for every photo and it is on request.
AWARDS & EXHIBITIONS
– Fine Art: Conceptional Category – International Photographer Of The Year, 2017 – Category: Fine Art: Conceptional;
– ND Photography Awards, 2017 – Category: Special: Night Photography;
– Prix de la Photographie, Paris, 2017 – Category: Fine Art: Abstract;
– 3-rd Fine Art Photography. Awards, 2017 – Category: Night Photography Category.
Photo Angel 2 – Accepted for Exhibition – Night Images and Artificial Light Category – Trierenberg Super Circuit – Linz, Austria, 2018